Sometimes you wish for a change and want to use other apps for trading or the app is not as per your expectation. In that case, you decide to delete the account and also the personal details you provided while creating the account.
This blog is also about deleting the Coinbase account. When you decide to discontinue the account you might not know how to delete using the app or the website. Is it possible or not to delete the account, such questions are quite common for account users.
Before deleting the account you should know that Coinbase and Coinbase Pro have similar settings for the account. If you delete the Coinbase account then the Coinbase Pro account also gets deleted.
Read this article till the end and easily delete the account.
How can I delete my Coinbase account?
To close the Coinbase account, follow the following steps:-
- From the browser go to the Coinbase account and tap on the “Activity” page.
- Next, hit on the “Close Account” and delete the account.
- After clicking on the “Close Account” option, now enter the password of the account for safety purposes.
- Next tap on the “Close Account” once again and confirm the account deletion.
Remember to empty the balance of the Coinbase Wallet otherwise, the account will not be deleted. Transfer the balance to another wallet and then proceed to delete the account.
How to delete the Coinbase account?
If you want to delete your account on the Coinbase app then this option is not yet available on the app, you need to use the website the complete the proceedings.
The following instructions involved you need to follow:
- Go to the Coinbase websites you cannot use the app feature, go to the website from your pc or mobile. On your mobile, you can set the settings to the desktop version to enter the website.
- Log in to the account you need to log in to the Coinbase account that you want to delete permanently. Enter the email address and password in the respective fields and click the Login tab.
- Tap on the Settings option after that tap on the profile pic. There you will find many options, just select the “Settings” tab.
- Click on the Activity tab in the Settings tab, scroll to the “Activity” option, and tap on it.
- Tap on the Close Account option after that proceed to hit on the “Close Account” tab.
- Enter the password and delete the account after clicking the Close Account tab, a message will appear on the screen. The message appearing is the confirmation that you are sure about deleting your account. Withdraw any funds remaining in the account otherwise, the process will be half done. Next, type the password for safety reasons.
At last, tap on the “Close Account” option and close the account.
As you complete the above step the account will be deleted permanently.
If you do not want to delete the Coinbase account you can choose to disable the account. Contact customer service in disabling the account. If found suspicious activity you can take assistance from the support team. You can afterward reactivate the account as disabling the account is not permanent.
But the process of deleting the account cannot be reversed once processed.