There are mobile apps for iPhone, Android, tablets, and smartwatches, and the desktop software is downloadable. In addition, thinkorswim desktop software is also available as a downloadable software program.
Although thinkorswim comes in different versions with different features, you can trade stocks, mutual funds, ETFs (exchange-traded funds), options, futures, bonds, CDs (certificates of deposit), and forex (foreign currency) on the platform.
Here are a few steps to help you know how to download thinkorswim in 2022:-
Install Thinkorswim Desktop Now
Start trading on TD Ameritrade’s most potent platform once you’ve opened a TD Ameritrade account.
- Installing thinkorswim is as simple as clicking “Install thinkorswim” above and choosing your operating system from the installer. Click “Run” to begin downloading, which may take a couple of minutes to half an hour, depending on your Internet connection.
- A security dialog may interrupt the installation, asking for permission to proceed. Confirm your decision to continue.
- After the download has been completed, the installation wizard should automatically start. Once the download has been completed, follow the instructions whenever prompted to make changes. Only advanced users should make changes to the default options.
- Click Done to complete the installation. A thinkorswim icon will appear on your Desktop, displaying the thinkorswim logo. If this icon is visible, the installation has been successful.
- The installer will automatically detect and maintain your existing settings if you update a 32-bit installation to a 64-bit installation. If you add a Java virtual machine to your existing 32-bit installation, you don’t need to install additional software.
- To verify you have it, click Apple > About This Mac. You will need OS X 10.11 or later to run this installation.
- After the thinkorswim installer has completed downloading, click the ‘Install thinkorswim’ link to start the installation. Once the .dmg file has been downloaded, run it to install.
- Depending on your security settings, you may be asked to confirm you want to proceed with the installation in some cases. Please demonstrate your desire to continue.
The installation of thinkorswim is complete when an icon labeled thinkorswim appears on your Desktop. If you see the thinkorswim logo, the installation has been successful. If you continue to encounter problems, contact technical support.
Install Zulu OpenJDK 11 to run thinkorswim. You can find instructions for installing Zulu OpenJDK 11 on the Zulu website. First, ensure that Zulu OpenJDK 11 is set as the default Java VM on your Linux system by following steps specific to your distribution.
Here are the steps:-
- To download the thinkorswim installer to your PC, click “Install thinkorswim.”
- After downloading, open a shell and navigate to the directory where the installer was downloaded.
- Type: sh ./thinkorswim_installer.sh.
We do not offer official support for configuring or updating Linux, Solaris, or other Unix variants. However, if you plan to use thinkorswim on one of these operating systems, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
How Many People Use Thinkorswim?
Eleven million accounts hold over one trillion dollars in assets at TD Ameritrade. Chief Market Strategist at TD Ameritrade, JJ Kinahan, says thinkorswim is best for active traders and investors seeking to interact with markets.
Nonetheless, because the platform has such a wide range of technical features and trading tools, experienced traders can benefit just as much as first-timers. In addition, he adds that the platform is very detailed, enabling you to trade at any level you wish.
For options, we can do something similar to a covered call. However, if you’d prefer to do a deep-and-wide spread consisting of a double diagonal spread over four strikes and straddle-straddle swap, our team is your best bet.”
How Much Does Thinkorswim Cost?
There are no platform or data fees on TD Ameritrade’s pricing page, but Thinkorswim charges $0.65 per contract for options trades. TD Ameritrade’s pricing is as follows: It offers no commissions on online trades of U.S.-listed stocks, American and Canadian ETFs, and stock options.
Broker-assisted trades typically cost $25. Over-the-counter stocks that aren’t listed on a U.S. exchange have a commission of $6.95.
What Is The Safety Of Thinkorswim?
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, or FINRA, classifies TD Ameritrade as an investment adviser and a brokerage firm.
Additionally, the firm is a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation, or SIPC, protecting customers against their money and securities being lost if the brokerage firm fails.
TD Ameritrade’s asset protection guarantee will protect a customer’s assets; it ensures that the company will reimburse them if they are harmed through fraud.
How To Buy Stocks On Thinkorswim?
You can buy stocks on your Desktop by pulling up the Trade tab. Then, in the All Products subtab, you can type the symbol to see the name, last traded price, gain or loss, whether the stock is easy to borrow and where it is listed.
For more details, visit Company Profile, including thinkorswim’s analysis of what drives the stock, valuation highlights, sources of value, and critical trends. (It’s also adjustable, according to Kinahan, which makes thinkorswim a potent tool.)
We will now proceed with the purchase process. You can either click the asking price, labeled Ask X, at the bottom of the page, or you can find it in the Underlying section.
Please enter how many shares, what price you would like, what order type you would like, and how long you would like it to last. Then, confirm and send. Then, read it over again, and you should see it on your Monitor page.
What Is Thinkorswim And How To Buy Options?
The steps to buying an option are the same as those on a desktop. First, navigate the Trade tab, find the Option Chain section, and type in the ticker symbol. Calls appear on the left and put appear on the right. Fill out the order form by picking an expiration date and clicking on the offer price (Offer X). Enter the quantities and order types, lock in the price and the time in force, and confirm. Press the Send button. Your order should now appear on the Monitor page
Frequently Asked Questions ( Thinkorswim Download )
The Installation Wizard should start automatically once you click “Install thinkorswim” above. Once the download has been completed, click “Run,” The installation process will begin.
Once you click “Done,” the installation process will end automatically.
Your device must have Linux installed and updated before you can get started with Linux on Chrome OS. Click here to learn more about getting started with Linux on Chrome OS. You can find the Linux installer on the thinkorswim website.
For direct login access, visit trade.thinkorswim.com. You can also download thinkorswim Desktop using the instructions here or download it via the App Store or Google Play Store.
Your Chromebook can perform the same tasks as your smartphone, tablet, or PC, including trading stocks, forex, cryptocurrencies, and commodities. Chromebooks can run some desktop trading software, but most are designed for Windows/Mac PCs, so it is not possible to run most desktop trading apps on Chromebooks. Read 4 Popular Chromebooks for Trading.
Watch the best playlist to thinkorswim Mobile for iPad (iOS): watch the videos in their entirety or dig into the topics that matter to you.
The first screen will say, “Welcome to the thinkorswim Setup Wizard.”. Select the option to update existing installations for all users and click Next.
Read the agreement and then click Accept.
The next screen is the default, and most users can leave everything alone.
Click on the Trade tab on the far right. Next, select the green Take the plunge today button. Upon launching thinkorswim, toggle the switch under your username and password to paperMoney before logging in.
Daily Swim Lessons at TD Ameritrade are live webcasts to help traders learn the software. Thinkorswim is a trading platform focused on options developed by Tom Sosnoff and a team of former floor traders.
Consequently, an account can make up to three Days in 5 business days without consequence. However, if the account executes a 4th (or more) Day Trade, then it is deemed as a Pattern Day Trader (“Flagged”).
Electronic bank transfer (ACH) – deposit funds to your TD Ameritrade account using your bank account. Wire transfer – send money from your bank or financial institution to your TD Ameritrade account via wire transfer.
Mobile deposit – deposit funds via your mobile device.
Mail your check – deposit funds into your TD Ameritrade account via mail.