Sometimes your account on Venmo gets freeze. You tried many possible ways to solve the issue but failed each time. So, in this article, we have your back to unfreeze the account. Just go through the page till the end.
Venmo is an app that helps in transferring funds to families and friends and also to merchants. You do not need to wait for change or cash while making payments. Users with Venmo accounts are quite satisfied with the performance. But there might be a few who face issues with the account because it freezes as you try to use the app.
Why does my account freezes on Venmo?
There are a variety of reasons why Venmo accounts may freeze.
The first one has a usual explanation: that you did not have sufficient funds in the bank account for transferring.
But Venmo pays the amount to that particular person and now you are owing the amount to Venmo. If you want to clear the balance in the account then use the debit card to pay the money you owed.
However, if the account is frozen due to policy violations, you must reach Venmo customer service so that you can unfreeze it. If you are using Venmo, you need to know how convenient it is – but that simplicity may not be felt if Venmo has frozen your account.
How to unfreeze an account on Venmo?
If you search the web you might find on Reddit queries for seeking help to unfreeze the account.
The following steps that you need to follow:
- Visit the official site of VenmoClick the link venmo.com/addfunds, on your PC. As the page opens up, hit the Sign in tab.
- Pick your bankNext, choose the bank from the list that popped up. Also, verify the account with Venmo if you want to transfer funds.
- Enter the sum of the amountNext type the amount that you would like to transfer.
- Get your money to the accountAfter entering the amount, now transfer the amount to Venmo. It might take 3 to 5 working days.
It will also occur if you breach the User Agreement, if it detects suspicious activity or if you engage in any of the various “Restricted Activities” stated by the firm in the User Agreement, such as using Venmo in other countries like the United States.
If the account is frozen, a suspended account may indicate that Venmo suspects someone is using your account without your consent and has frozen it to prevent further fraudulent payments while they investigate. This also implies that they suspect criminal behavior is taking place on your account.
If any of these are the possible causes of the account being frozen, you will need to contact Venmo to rectify the concerns.
How do I contact Venmo to have the account unfrozen?
- Log in to venmo.com/recovery.
- After the account freeze you need to remain to Respond to the email sent by Venmo after your account was frozen. You may need to provide a photo of a legitimate piece of identification so that they can confirm it’s you.
It’s also simple to contact Venmo. You can reach the company’s Customer Care Team at 855-812-4430 between the hours of 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Friday excluding “important holidays”
If you want to use the chat feature then you need to move to the app available:
- Click on the app.
- Next move to the menu tab and click on it.
- Click on the get help tab.
- Next, connect the laptop and under the option “Connect with the US; Hit the option Chat with us.
How long does it take Venmo to unfreeze?
Venmo might take 1 to 3 business hours. If you do not proceed to unfreeze the account.
Hence, you will get some ideas so that in the future if you face this type of situation you can quickly resolve it