Venmo is the app that is most downloaded by Android and iOS users. After installing the app you can easily transfer funds to your friends and family with a click.
Naturally, in order to operate you need to link the app to the bank account, debit, or credit card.
Venmo can also be linked to various cards, and prepaid cards are one of them. If you any one of the cards like American Express, MasterCard, Discover, and Visa, the app accepts gift or prepaid cards. In case you are the one with a gift card from those labels and unaware of how to use or add cards on Venmo, we are here to help you with this blog. Once you understand you will be able to use the card to fund the account.
On the website, you might receive warnings in certain situations:-
- The cards might be declined by the issuer.
- It can be cancelled for security reasons.
- There are not enough funds available.
- The card needs a zip code to connect the account.
These were the common issues when you want to add the prepaid cards but cannot proceed.
However, if you have one of the mentioned labeled cards with you then you can the gift card easily.
How to add Visa Gift Cards to Venmo?
Follow 8 easy steps to add Visa Gift Card to Venmo
- Install the appFirstly, launch the Venmo app and click to open it.
- Go to the Menu tabThen proceed to click on the menu tab.
- Pick Settings optionNext move to click the “Settings” tab.
- Choose the Payment modeNow in the following step go to the Preferences and select the mode of payment.
- Add CardOnce you choose the Payment Methods, now click the option “Add bank or card.
- Pick Card optionAfter that, click on the “Card” option.
- Enter the information of the prepaid card or gift cardYou can manually fill in the card details or just click the camera to take the picture of the card. This will auto-populate the details from the card. Then enter the zip code of your region. The details to be filled in are:
i) Card Number
ii) Expiration Date
iii) Security Code
iv) Zip Code
- Click on Add buttonAfter filling the empty fields with the details now hit the Add button.
How to transfer the Visa Gift Card to Venmo?
The following steps are required to be followed:-
- Click the app.
- Then hit the “Settings” tab and next select the “Payment Method.”
- Now choose the option “Add bank or card.”
- Enter the card details.
- At last tap on the option “add a card to your account.”
Gift cards (Visa) are considered to be the best option if you want to gift someone and when the time comes you can convert the cards to cash.
You can also buy Amazon gifts cards with Venmo but it does not approve payment from Venmo is owned by PayPal.